- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day2: Flight to Lukla-Trek to Pakhdim
- Day3: Trek to Namche bazar
- Day4: Acclimatization day at Namche bazar
- Day 5: Trek to Tengboche
- Day 6: Trek to Dingboche
- Day 7: Acclimatization day trip to Dingboche
- Day 8: Trek to Lobuche
- Day 9: Lobuche- Gorakshep and Trek to Everest Base Camp (EBC)
- Day 10: Hike to Kala Patthar
- Day 11: Trek to Namche bazar
- Day 12: Namche to Lukla
- Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Departure
Detailed itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Once you arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport, you will be taken to the hotel where you can change and take a tour to the enthralling city. You can go shopping and buy necessary trekking gears. In the evening, our tour guide will provide you with a detailed orientation about your trek days, which will be followed by dinner.
Day2: Flight to Lukla-Trek to Pakhdim
Next day, you will start with a short thrilling 40 minutes Himalayan flight to Lukla. You will be introduced to the trekking guide and the porters whereby your journey to Pakhdim starts. Blooming Rhododendrons and pine forest will be the highlight of the journey. The trek to Pakhdim will be approximately 3.5 hours long. After reaching Pakhdim, we will be heading towards the teahouse for your stay. You can visit the nearby monasteries but make sure to take enough rest and prepare for the big challenge ahead.
Day3: Trek to Namche bazar
One of the biggest challenges of the journey is the 6 hours trek to Namche bazar, popularly known as ‘Gateway to the Everest’. After having breakfast, your trek will begin with an ascend through beautiful pine forest along the bank of the Dudh Koshi river. You will also walk to the Sagarmatha National Park, a world heritage site, where you can behold some charismatic flora and faunas. Now hold your breath! Here’s where you will take the first glance of the Mount Everest. After reaching Namche bazar, you will unwind at a tea-house and have local dinner.
Day4: Acclimatization day at Namche bazar
Fourth day will be the acclimatization day.You will not only ascend to a higher altitude but also descend back to Namche bazar so that your body can adjust to the increasing elevation. Additionally, you will take a tour to the villages of Namche bazar and familiarize yourself with the native Sherpa culture.
Day 5: Trek to Tengboche
The next day begins with the walk along the stone paved pathways inclined to reach the ‘Mongla Pass' from which a mystic view of Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku and Mt. Khumbila awaits you.
Another main highlight here is the largest monastery of Khumbu region where you can pray for your successful expedition to the Everest Base Camp.
Day 6: Trek to Dingboche
We will continue our walk through the alpine forests of this region on this day. You will encounter many local people on the way giving you the taste of Nepali villages. Meanwhile, there are chances of getting awestruck with the magnificent view of several mountains. You will stay at Dingboche to spend your night.
Day 7: Acclimatization day trip to Dingboche
This will be the second acclimatization day where you can watch the tree lines being replaced by short alpine vegetation accounting for the fact that we are moving towards higher elevation. You can enjoy view of some spectacular mountain peaks and return back to Dingboche to get a sound sleep at lower elevation.
Day 8: Trek to Lobuche
As you head towards Lobuche ,on the eight day, you will cross the moraine left by Khumbu glacial. As the trekking trail keeps you craving for more with the glimpses of spectacular view of mountains, a little more walk will lead you to the memorials of some brave expeditioners who lost their lives on their way to Everest.
You will spend your night at a local teahouse in Lobuche.
Day 9: Lobuche- Gorakshep and Trek to Everest Base Camp (EBC)
This is the day when you meet your destination, ‘The Everest Base Camp ‘. You will start off from Lobuche and hike towards Gorakshep. Here onwards, the trail becomes quite cumbersome as you very likely hike along the rocky terrain. As you approach the Everest Base Camp, you will pass along the alluring glacier and icefall as well.
Living the story of all your adventures and a challenging journey for nine long days, you will finally discover the Everest Base Camp, which is going to be one of the greatest achievements in your life. After a moment of experiencing your ultimate stop, you will return back to Gorakshep and spend overnight.
Day 10: Hike to Kala Patthar
The base camp isn’t the only best part of your trip, Kala Patthar, if not more, fills you with a similar sort of exquisite feeling. This will be the highest point of the trek from where the magical view of some beautiful mountains and of course, the Mount Everest can be seen so crystal clear that you will feel like capturing the moment in your eyes for your entire lifetime.
After spending certain time at Kala Patthar. We will descend to Pheriche and spend the night there.
Day 11: Trek to Namche bazar
The Eleventh day will be the start of your returning days. You will trek back to Namche bazar, the same beautiful village where you had spent two nights earlier. All the way walking the ups and downs of the hiking trail, you will reach Namche bazar and take a sound sleep because, Mission Accomplished!!
Day 12: Namche to Lukla
This will be the last day of your walk where you descend back to Lukla all the way along the river valleys. You can celebrate your success and enjoy the best cuisine at the Everest region. This will also be your last day of your 14 days trek itinerary to the EBC.
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu
Reliving the dramatic mountain flight, you will head back to the capital city where you can enjoy its beauty and the rich cultural diversity. Likewise, you can experience the major tourist destination in Kathmandu such as The Bouddhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath temple, Swoyambhunath and the acclaimed tourist hub, Thamel.
Day 14: Departure
After a prolonged stay in the Himalayan nation and making a lot of cherishing memories, the moment you will head back to your next destination finally arrives. With final goodbyes and promises to meeting again in the future, we bid you a warm farewell from the Tribhuvan International Airport.
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
- Two nights (twin sharing beds) accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek, we provide you attached bathroom with hot shower at Lukla, Phakding and Namche
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla, and Lukla – Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Duffle bag for the trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek, if required
- Company T-shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes and office service charge
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Cold drinks Inc. coke, water, Fanta etc.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek except for Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Personal trekking equipment
- WiFi internet during the trek
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers