- Secure Shopping We are committed to protecting the security of your information
- 7 Days Returns Change of mind is not applicable
- Quality Checked We are providing top quality products and service.
- Estimated Delivery Time Kathmandu Valley: 1 to 3 Days
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Harpercollins; 1 edition (9 October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9789350295199
- ISBN-13: 978-9350295199
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 2.2 x 21 cm
- 'Beautifully done... As honest a book as it is entertaining' -The Times ' Funny yet deeply melancholic, this is a brilliant and remarkably mature second novel... A rare achievement' -The Economist Twenty-first-century Mumbai is a city of new money and soaring real estate, and property kingpin Dharmen Shah has grand plans for its future. His offer to buy and tear down a weathered tower block, making way for luxury apartments, will make each of its residents rich - if all agree to sell. But not everyone wants to leave; many of the residents have lived there for a lifetime, many of them are no longer young. As tensions rise among the once civil neighbours, one by one those who oppose the offer give way to the majority, until only one man stands in Shah's way: Masterji, a retired schoolteacher, once the most respected man in the building. Shah is a dangerous man to refuse, but as the demolition deadline looms, Masterji's neighbours - friends who have become enemies, acquaintances turned conspirators - may stop at nothing to score their payday.
You may also like
Express Delivery on orders over Nepal
We are committed to protecting the security of your information
Easy returns on our products, Returns are free and easy!
We are providing top quality products and service.
Back to top